HUMIDEX POLICY- We use Environment Canada
Team practices for U10 and older are held at the discretion of the team coach. If you haven't heard from your coach, assume practice is still being held.
For PSC Small Sided games and VUSL House League games:
- U4,U6 and U8: If the humidex is equal to or greater than 37C 90 minutes before scheduled start time, soccer shall be cancelled for the evening.
- U10 and U12 only: If the forecasted humidex is equal to or greater than 37C at 4pm the day of the game, the game shall be cancelled.
- U14, U16, U18 only: If the forecasted humidex is equal to or greater than 40C at 4pm the day of the game, the game shall be cancelled.
Notice of High Humidex Cancellation
- If the Humidex has not decreased below 37C for U6/U8/U10/U12 (40C for U14/U16/U18) then the cancellation policy is triggered.
- The VUSL shall post a Cancellation Notice on the website and issue a High Humidex Cancellation e-mail to the VUSL Club Contact for each individual Club by at least 4pm.
- PSC will then distribute this notification to any coaches whose teams are playing that evening and the ref scheduler to notify the refs.
- The cancellation details will be posted on the website Home Page as well as the club Facebook page.
Yes, we play in the rain.....
Depending on the severity of the rain, the U4,U6 & U8 divisions may cancel.
There is a lightning policy in place. We follow Canada Soccer's policy which can be found at Lightning_Policy_E.pdf (sportngin.com)
Coaches may decide to end practice or wait out the storm. In the case of games, it is the referee who makes the final decision whether to wait or stop the game. The game may or may not be rescheduled depending on a variety of factors. Your coach will advise you if a game is rescheduled.